Live music featuring local tribute bands will return at Launch at Hingham Shipyard this summer.
Fridays at 7 p.m. from July 9 to August 27, bands like Draw The Line, an Aerosmith tribute band, Studio Two, a local Beatles and Hipshot Band tribute band that covers everything from big hits to reggae and music. disco, will be performing at the Hingham Shipyard.
The free waterfront concerts, sponsored by Boston-based real estate developer Samuels & Associates, will showcase the talents of two new bands who have not performed at these concert series in the past, as well as six other groups.
“We’re super excited to be doing something for the community, doing something for our tenants and hopefully getting some normalcy back into our lives,” said Rachel Ottley, Senior Real Estate Manager at Samuels & Associates.
Ottley said he has received numerous calls and emails from the community asking if the live music series is returning this year.
“I think after the last 15 months or so that we’ve all been through and what we’ve been through, I think it’s really going to be very busy, historic numbers like we’ve had in the past,” said Ottley.
In previous years, around 1,000 to 1,500 listeners attended the events each week, Ottley said.
The concerts will last around 90 minutes, although this will depend on whether or not there is a callback request from the audience. Ottley said they were trying to avoid letting events take place late at night as there are residential buildings in the area.
- July 9th South – Southern Style Rock
- July 16 Draw The Line – Tribute to Aerosmith
- July 23 Fat City Band – Blues, rock, jazz and R&B
- July 30 Studio Two – Tribute to the Beatles
- August 6 Booty Vortex – Funk and disco
- Aug 13 The Hipshot Band – Everything From Hits To Reggae To Disco
- 20 August No Shoes Nation Band – Homage to Kenny Chesney
- August 27 Gunpowder and lead – Rock ‘n’ roll