Music control options not showing on iOS lock screen. Here is the simple guide to fix lock screen music player not working on iPhone.
Lock screen music player not showing on iPhone? When you listen to music from apps like Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, etc., the currently playing song is displayed on the lock screen. This lets you control the track by playing or pausing it easily. Also, you can use it to easily play other tracks in the playlist.
Sometimes when lock screen music player not showing or working on iPhone, it becomes difficult to play the next or previous song in a playlist. You constantly have to open the relevant music app to manage the playlist or play a song. It breaks your mood and focus which you develop by listening to a playlist while exercising or working. To fix this problem, I’ve put together some troubleshooting tips in this guide. You can use them to fix the lock screen issue of any music player app you are using.
Fix music player control options not showing on iPhone lock screen
Here are the best troubleshooting tips to fix iPhone lock screen music control options not working
1. Update the Music Player app
Music streaming app whose lock screen player not showing on iPhone may be buggy. Go to App Store and check if a new version of the app is available. Install the app update.
- Launch the App Store.
- Tap the signed in Apple ID profile.
- Now search through the list of apps awaiting update.
- Tap the Update button to install the new version.
2. Restart iPhone
For some users, performing a quick restart solved the iPhone lock screen music player missing issue. You can also try it.
- Press the ignition button.
- Press the slider on Slide to power off.
- After pausing for a few seconds, press the power button to turn on the iPhone.
3. Force Close Music Player App
Often when I can’t see the lock screen music player for the music streaming apps I use, I force close the app from the recent apps section.
- If you’re using the iPhone model without Touch ID, swipe up and stop in the middle of the screen. The recent apps section will appear.
- Second, if you’re using an iPhone with Touch ID, double-tap it to bring up the recent apps section.
- Navigate the recent app card to the music player app.
- Swipe up on the Music Player app card to close the app.
- Again after a few seconds launch the same music player app.
4. Disable and re-enable lock screen widgets
Another useful troubleshooting tip is to disable and re-enable the lock screen widget. You can do this from iOS settings.
- Go to Settings > Touch ID and passcode.
- Move towards Lock screen widgets and tap the switch next to it to turn it off.
- Tap the same switch to enable lock screen widgets.
Keep in mind that the above settings for the lock screen widget will appear on iOS 16. If you haven’t upgraded to iOS 16 yet, do so now.
5. Update iOS to a Latest Version
It may be a bug with the iOS version you have installed on the iPhone, causing the lock screen music player not to show up on the iPhone. So, update the iOS to a newer version.
- Go to Settings > press General > press Software update.
- Let iPhone check for available updates.
- When the new update package appears, tap Download and install.
6. Use an alternative music app
Check if a particular music app is not working when you lock your iPhone. If the lock screen music player is not showing for one music streaming app, use others. For example, if the Spotify lock screen player is not working, try using Apple Music or YouTube Music. All major music streaming apps are available for free on the App Store.
7. Don’t use focus mode on lock screen widget
iOS 16 lets you set up and use Focus mode on the lock screen widget. Might be due to some random tech glitch, which interferes with the music app lock screen player. So, remove the active Focus profile from the lock screen.
- Go to iPhone lock screen and long press it.
- Tap the focus profile.
- You will see the list of Focus profiles and the one you currently have set on the lock screen with a check mark next to it.
- Tap the active focus profile (the one with the check mark) to remove it from the lock screen.
To enjoy your music listening experience and make it more rewarding, fix the lock screen music player not showing issue on your iPhone. I hope these troubleshooting tips help you.
If you have any ideas about Fixed: Lock screen music player not showing/working on iPhone, so feel free to drop in the comment box below. Also, do not hesitate to subscribe to our YouTube DigitBin channel for video tutorials. Cheers!