- Spotify’s new “Get Ready With Music” feature creates a personalized playlist that matches your outfit.
- To create a Get Ready With Music playlist, you’ll need to choose your current mood, the colors you’re wearing, and your “vibe.”
- Your Get Ready With Music playlist will include approximately two hours of music from popular and independent artists.
It seems Spotify has a playlist for every situation, even if you’re a cat.
This time they released a new playlist that changes depending on what you are wearing. After all, what’s the point of a killer look if you don’t have a soundtrack to match?
How to Use Spotify’s “Get Ready With Music” Playlist
If you open the Spotify app right now, you might see a banner prompting you to create your Get Ready With Music playlist. But if you don’t, you can get started by going to this link on your iPhone or Android.
1. Let the Get Ready With Music intro play, then press let’s go.
2. Choose the activity for which you are choosing an outfit. You can choose between To make things progress, A drop of sweat, To take it easy, To go out tonightWhere Ready for anything.
3. Next, choose the three primary colors for your outfit. You can move the slider around the circle to choose your color, then use the slider at the top to make your color choice lighter or darker. If you want to choose white or black, move this top slider all the way to the left or right.
4. You will then have to choose your “ambience”. It’s basically asking whether your clothes are tight, soft, or elegant – in essence, what kind of fabric you wear.
5. Finally, enter your name and, if desired, upload a photo to serve as the cover of the playlist.
6. Give Spotify a minute to generate the playlist. When it’s done, Spotify will show you a summary of your answers, then reveal a Playlist Preview button. Tap this, then tap Go to Reading List.
You now have a two-hour playlist that matches your outfit. You can repeat this process as many times as you want, whenever you want, for all your styles.
Every Get Ready With Music playlist is automatically saved to your public Spotify profile. If you want to add the playlist to your library for quicker access, you’ll need to use the Spotify desktop app and drag it from your profile to your list of playlists.
You can find your Spotify profile in the iPhone and Android app by opening the app’s settings menu and tapping your name at the top. In the desktop app, click your username in the upper-right corner, then select Profile.